Friday, February 5, 2010

Sleeping with the enemy

NIV) Psalm 110:1
The Lord says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your
enemies a footstool for your feet."

When your enemy is you, then resting is the hardest battle to
recognize and fight. It's difficult because sitting with the Lord
looks and feels on the surface like stagnation, when infact it is
active pasivity with a intentional focus.

A doctor performing a surgery never asks the person on the table why
they arent doing more to help.

(NIV) Luke 10:38-42
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village
where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. [39] She had a
sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he
said. [40] But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had
to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my
sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help
me!" [41] "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and
upset about many things, [42] but only one thing is needed. Mary has
chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Courage often has the appearance of doing nothing-George Landolt

No comments: